From a usability standpoint, checkboxes are superior to select dropdowns since the user can immediately see all the available options.
However, for large amounts of data, a linked list is better suited.
The options can be given in the form of a array (either simple or associative) or as an eloquent relationship (one to many).
A default value can be given and with relationships, the values can be customised with a mutator and they can be ordered on a column name.
For some of the features to work, you need to be logged in to the admin.
- For eloquent relationships: many to many.
- Ability to manage (add, edit, delete) the options without leaving the form (with ajax)
- The labels of the options can be customised with a mutator.
- The following permissions can be set: create, delete, edit
- Default options can be given.